View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 05:42 AM

Actually, it's my daughter's predicament, not mine, and I've come-up short on answers for her because (thankfully) I have no experience with this sort of thing.

I do know she has "gap" insurance, and I hadn't thought about how that could come into play. The gap between what she owes and what the thing is worth is more like a canyon now.

The shop was of her choosing, but they were apparently rushed to complete repairs by the insurance company because she was driving a rental on their dime. I've seen worse body work, but honestly, this is about wat I expected. Good color match (of course, it's new) and blending, sloppy masking, wavy bumper cover underside suggesting mounting holes aren't aligned, hammer marks on a door jamb, mis-fit trim. She's pretty sick about the whole thing. Seven grand, quoted the shop, and I'm guessing that's roughly the value lost in this deal.

She has complained to both the shop and the insurance company, and the latter is supposed to dispatch an adjuster to her office this morning, so we'll see what this person has to say. Thanks for the input.

dcb