View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
I think you have bigger issues then how to mount your oil sprayer. If you think they were pissed because you cut them off, wait till you spray something on thier car. When you have sunken down to the level of those below you, you are no better, and in reality, far worse then them as you should have know better.
Thank you mom. Or, in reality, they'll just keep on doing stuff like this, perhaps escalating to an even more serious/violent act. The cops didn't find him, so whoever this guy was would probably have no qualms about doing it again.

Quote:
As for your smoking a plant B.S., if you need drugs to get by, like I said you have other issues.
I'd like to point out that you just claimed I was the one doing the smoking, when in reality I didn't say that. So first off, I'd like an apology from you. Secondly, do you realize how much money, time, manpower, and effort is wasted in the war against marijuana? It's legal in MOST countries in the world. Almost every culture that has a climate that can support it, has some form of smoking it. Thirdly, and most importantly, I'd like to give you a small nugget of knowledge, a quick little history lesson.

Marijuana USED to be legal in the U.S.A. Do you know why it is no longer legal? The same reasons Freon has been replaced by R-134A (Dupont's patent on Freon ran out a few years back, so other companies could start producing it without paying dividends to Dupont, so low and behold Dupont's scientist's SUDDENLY realized how dangerous Freon was to the environment, and we should instead use R-134A. And guess who has a patent on THAT?? Yep. Dupont.), MONEY!!! A long time ago, there was a newspaper tycoon named "William Randolph Hearst". Perhaps you have heard of him. He owned quite a few newspapers (big ones), and he started branching off his investments in things related to the newspaper industry. He invested in land. Land with trees. Trees specifically made for paper. I'm not sure how much he had invested in it, but it was QUITE A BIT. And then.... danger! Someone had invented a machine (similar to the cotton gin) that could extract fiber from the easy to grow, easy to manage, marijuana plant. Thing is, since the 'weed' grew back SO quickly, in a certain time period, one could make FOUR TIMES as much paper in a single acre, in comparison to an acre of trees. This was a big problem, seeing as how he just invested in acres and acres of forest. What did he do? He used his newspapers to his advantage. He started publishing all these stories about Marijuna, and pushed any story that put it in a bad light. One thing I remember specifically is on the FRONT page of his papers, he kept running this car accident story, where they found a 'joint' in the backseat of one of the cars. Flip a few pages towards the back of the paper, and there were tons of alcohol related accidents, but they didn't get the front page. Why? Because Hearst knew he was about to lose a TON of money if people were allowed to start harvesting marijuana. So there you go. Money was the reason, Hearst was the guy, and THAT is the reason that it is illegal. Do you AGREE with that? I don't. Alcohol was illegal for a certain time period also, and people continued to drink. Pot was made illegal for a certain time period (it will be legal eventually), but people continue to smoke it. We all look back on prohibition and think how incredibly STUPID it is, and I shall look back on posts like yours and feel the same.

Quote:
So stealing DVDs by breaking the codes so you can bang out copies is OK?
Yes, as long as they're YOUR copies. Think about it. The RIAA fought the introduction of the cassette tape with a VENGENCE... why? Because people could copy music. Same with VHS. Same with CD-R. Same with MP3. Same with most media formats. The RIAA just wants everything to stay the same, so they can continue to assrape the consumer and inflate their prices. The sad thing is that we, as consumers, are entitled to make 'back up copies' for our own personal use, since according to them, we are paying for the 'rights' to the media, and we do not actually own it. What this means is that LEGALLY, you can copy everything you have, you just can't sell it, or give it to other people. But of course, they don't want you to know that (and you probably don't, judging at how informed you were about the topics discussed so far).

Quote:
What seperates us from the losers in this world, is we have rules to live by that are fair and reasonable.
So you REALLY think that EVERY rule and law we have in this country is fair and reasonable?!?! Please. The government exists to serve US, not the other way around. As citizens, it is our duty to change laws that need changing, and part of that is refusing to submit to stupid laws.

Quote:
I realize the system doesn't always work, but that is because of lawyers and morons that sit in a jury and come back not guilty because they are pissed off in having thier day taken from them.
Is that an opinion or a fact? Please back it up, I'm quite interested in your reasoning.

Quote:
But it's the only system we have and if you aren't happy with it, pay attention and change it.
I agree with you here.

- Rob