View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 04:04 PM

The Excellent Adventure has gone awry.

So.

I am now an SVX owner. I purchased the 97 LSi that was on Autotrader. It needs a little TLC, and has one small dent in the rear bumper, but generally runs excellent, and everything works,

Except...

I paid the remaining balance, and my friend and I drove it from Sarasota to Orlando, where he and I were going to drop off another car (long story) - and I take it to a lube shop to get the fluids and filters changed for the upcoming trip.

I pull up to the service bay, put it in park. When it's my turn to pull in, I shift into park. The shifter moves *WAY* too easily, and the indicator on the dash doesn't move.

Long story short, the tranny cable snapped. (I think it was simply from lack of use...the SVX was a bit rusty underneath - it was originally a NY car, and had been siting.) SO...now I'm stuck in Orlando until at least Monday, when the shop will try to order a SVX tranny cable. In his words, he has "no idea if he'll be able to get a tranny cable on Monday, because he just hasn't had to order many Subie tranny cables before."

On the bright side, the tranny *fluid* looked very clean.

Anyone here have a good idea where I can acquire a 4EAT tranny cable in Orlando?