View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 08:00 PM

THANK YOU BRIAN and AJ4U2!

Got minimal satisfaction from my tranny shop so it's back to the AC shop. Tranny shop wanted to charge me another $300 plus to get AC functioning. How important is the fan on the right (facing front of car) to AC? Mine works but the hardware that holds the fan in place has fallen off so fan works but wobbles mightily. Still haven't been able to determine what's needed to hold fan in place besides one nut that goes on the very end.
Meanwhile called Autorefrig and spoke with a member of the family in Mich that owns the biz. They've been in business 9 yrs. They're not huge because DuPont dominates the market. But they've got the COOL deal. Tamara, part of the family but not a tech and their website says that you an use ES 12a instead of the OEM stuff and it is NOT necessary to change over anything! It will even mix with R12a! As noted below ES12a is much less expensive and COOLS BETTER with less pressure and therefore less stress on 14 yr old components! And the ES stands for environmentally safe, zero impact on the environment.
Considering how many of use have had or are having AC problems these folks are a terrific resource! Check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ4U2
We use the Industrial 12a Refrigerant, This is the name and # to get n touch with.Autorefigerants.inc 1-800-524-5987 he will work with you and get the item ship to u and you can do it all your self with out paying up the yang yang. I put in 2 o rinds 25cent and I order the kit from him for $49. and some change and i did it myself easy job, and it is use in all Auto ac and much better cooling,
THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP GUYS,
WGJ