View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 07:24 PM
5 speeds rock! :D

Good day autocrossing the SVreX

Today we autocrossed the SVreX for the first time with the Dixie SCCA in Bainbridge, GA.

They classified us as Street Mod, primarily because of the missing interior. I wasn't too sure we could be competive. Both my son and I were first timers.

Chris took top honors in the Street Mod class. He was over second place by more than a full second.

Unfortunately, his old man wasn't anywhere near as fortunate. I guess every team needs a chauffeur!

35 cars showed up. Only 6 cars placed times faster than the SVreX, all of which were Pro and F-Mod class. No Stock vehicles came close to us! The Pro Class cars which outdid us were a BMW M3, a TR6, and an MGB, while the F-Mod cars were a TR4, a prepared Civic, and a Legends racer!

The M3 put a beating on everyone, but we were still within 6 seconds of him (he posted a 62.xxx, we posted a 68.850).

We are absolutely confident that there is still plenty of room for improvement. There is a Z06 that frequents this event that we'll be gunning for next month!

Not bad for a Sunday afternoon!!

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC