View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 08:41 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
cool... we will see how well it works on a modified engine this weekend As for me, the stage 2 is all I need. This mod definately helps out the OBDII guys until LAN finds a 97 that he likes

Tom
Yeah, its no Stage 2, but it does nicely compliment mild NA breathing mods (exhaust, air filter, ram air). Its more like a DIY Stage 1.2. Yeah, should provide a useful bit of MAF padding for that modified engine. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlack92
Is the Impreza RS the only FPR that can be swapped into the SVX? Just curious......
There might be other Subaru fprs that fit, but I haven't checked because the Impreza RS fpr gets the job done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivemusicnow

... If you could add larger injectors, you could allow even more "unmetered" air through. Some People do this with dsms as an effective cheap way to tune their cars. (Less now, but it used to be popular)
Yeah, I thought about a larger tube, but there's not much room to add a larger tube in the path I used. If someone wanted to add a tube that entered into the driverside of the intake pipe, a larger tube could be used there and then perhaps routed into the driverside fenderwell. At some point though the reduced MAF signal from a larger tube is going to lead to too much timing advance.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.