View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 02:27 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
I know the trick to taking out the 6x9's. The how-to is kind of confusing so i can explain how to do it. After lots of man hours of sitting in the most uncomfortable positions in my back seat and bugging Mike a lot (thanks mike! )I figured it out.

Before I begin, DO NOT TRY PRYING OFF THE GRILLES. It is held down on the bottom by like 10 screws and the entire thing will break if you try!

You have to fold down the rear seat, and then it allows you to get access to the screws holding on the side interior panels of the car.

Unscrew the screws and take out the plastic piece that is on the screw as well.

There are two tabs under the front of the rear seats, you need to push them down and pull the seat cushion up and it will come out, revealing the bottom floor pans. (You need to fold the top of the seat back up)

The side interior panel is held on by another screw attached to the bottom floor pan. Unscrew that screw and you can pop off the entire side panel of the car, but make sure you unplug the power window switch before you walk away with the panel.

Once both side panels are off you can pull off the rear dash board. Fold the rear seats down again. and right above the trunkspace opening you will see theres another board layer on top. Pull the board layer back, you will need to tug a bit, that is normal, and the entire thing will slide off revealing the speakers.

There are 4 screws holding each speaker, and for the speakers closest to the glass you will need a ratchet screw driver because there is very little clearance.

So far I've only done my back speakers (yesterday as a matter of fact), and I still havent installed an amp yet.

Does the stock headunit have preouts for an amplifier?

Anyways, good luck with your project!
2012 Camry V6 SE