View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 10:37 AM

Re: Subaru BRZ Coupe Announced!

I have gotten into a lot of trouble over on NASIOC, (I am HipToBeSquare on that forum) in that thread, for decrying this product wearing a Subaru badge.

I have no problem with it's existence, but it should be a Scion/Toyota, with a "powered by Subaru" badge.

The fact that Subaru is selling this greatly diminishes the possibility of any AWD sport coupe in the foreseeable near to mid-range future.

I badly wanted a successor to SVX, or even just 2.5RS.

I REALLY wished Subaru would put a performance H6 in *something*, also.

I am having a hard time being enthused about any new Subaru at all, anymore.

I am even considering whether to replace my Legacy with something more practical, like an 08-09 Tribeca, (used, unpopular, perhaps means low price...)

And then, maybe a better SVX than I have now, like a 94 Laguna Blue manual-gearbox-swapped car. (or one with a custom WRB-like paint job, and a black roof.)

I don't want to give up my Legacy GT easily, but I have been overextending it's cargo capacity lately, and I want my sporty car fix in a sleeker shape, and I want a nicer SVX that hasn't been previously bent significantly in a wreck. Something worth putting some effort into making even more special.

I am feeling like very much of a black-sheep Subaru enthusiast, so I figure an SVX and Tribeca would be a good pair of black-sheep Subarus. Different by being smoother and sleeker inside and out, than others. Different by fitting 5x114 wheels, where most others don't. Different by being solely H6 powered. Different by not catering to the lowest common denominator, and being uncommonly well equipped for Subaru.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 08-23-2011 at 10:40 AM.