View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb
[Sorry; it's too quiet in here.]
So if the SVX were built by Chevy, I'd sooner walk.
Funny thing, brand loyalty and loathing.
dcb
This is how we often miss out on a really good car. My SVX was the first and only Subaru I've ever owned, and I'm not wild about Subaru in general. But I am a car nut, so as I watched the development of the SVX in car magazines it impressed me with its engineering and attention to detail. I decided to give it a try and the rest, as they say, is history. Great car. I dare say that with very few exceptions, every auto manufacturer has produced at least one notable example that is worthy of consideration. By the way, before you get on my case about Subarus remember that I live in a warm climate where the real attributes of Subaru are not such an advantage, and that my nearest Subaru dealer is 100+ miles away. Truth is, I'm not much of a Chevy fan either, but I've owned several and all have been pretty good cars, many that I wish I'd kept -my '57 BelAir coupe for one. I paid $550.00 for it back then! I don't usually like Chrysler products, but my Jeep Liberty has been a great vehicle. Yes, you'll find a good car among most all brands. Best wishes.
Preston