Thread: RE new subie B9
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dromano
Soooo,,,if internal combustion & lead acid batteries are doomed, what is the next best option????????? Power cells???? hydrogen combustion????

Some SUV/PU owners are mainly concerned with saftey, THEIRS!!!!!!!!

Have you aired your concerns to members of Congress?

I have a Silverado that I could live without, however, it's the car my wife drives & I want her as safe as possible.

You have many, many good posts, I am surprised at your stand on big vehicles. How do you justify your racing efforts compared to granny going shopping in her 8 foot high Ford Super Cab?
Power cells and hydrogen even worse. FYI it takes more energy to make enough hydrogen then the hydrogen produces and of course this is in 10% hydro plants, 50% coal and other natural product cooking plants or enviromental and 40% nuclear.

They may be blindly concerned with their safety but the statistics don't dictate the same. We'll use your wife's Silverado (provided it is a 2003 or newer) as an example. If not then it fairs far worse! It has a higher DPMD (deaths per mile driven) than every single buick, all but the chevy cobalt/cavalier in the Chevy family of current vehicles and is about mid pack on the Pontiac list since of course Pontiac builds excitment!

I air my concerns every time I vote . Some how I'd say that a letter or two to Senator Dick Santorum who makes Rush seem more liberal than all of France doesn't seem like a worthwhile endevor.

As for my racing efforts, it is more about passion than much else. I truely believe that the SVX is one of the worthy cars of our era, the only way to keep it in the minds is to drive, race, and win with it so it will be remembered just as the Triumphs, MGs and Jags or the 50s and 60s were. Of course they had their issues but today many survive simply because it was the car that many kids then wanted but couldn't afford. Besides, I already stated the mileage I average which I know Granny and her 8 foot truck couldn't compete with. That does include my work truck in there and the miles it is driven to and from events.