View Single Post
Old 03-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Sport Compact Car test results

<What came in first place?>

I reported this test about a month ago in another thread Rob.

As you well know, the SRT-4 Neon came in first.

The Mazdaspeed Protege came a very close second, with my SVT Focus and the Mini Cooper S tied for third.

I was at the dealer where I bought my Focus earlier this week, and they are also a Mazda dealer. They have yet to receive any of the Mazdaspeeds or RX-8's in yet. None of our Dodge dealers have any SRT-4's either. When they get them, it will be interesting to see how much they actually want for them, compared to the announced price. If the price holds at $20k, and the engine can stay reliable under all that turbo pressure, then they will have a winner on their hands.

Prior to driving the SVT, a ACR Neon was the best handling front wheel drive sport compact I had ever driven, and I have mentioned that several times in various postings here.
Reliability has been the main objection to Neons, that I am aware of. There are folks who don't think very highly of Fords either, so I guess I will be a rolling reliability lab experiment for the next few years!

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 03-14-2003 at 10:27 PM.