Thread: B9X Tribeca
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 10:17 AM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Thats the same thing I was thinking. I was going to post it but, you pretty much match me in what I am thinking. Also, it seems that the seats and felt interior is the same exact color as the inside of the 93 barcelona . It even has the protruding center storage compartment which even looks to be ergonomically the same, it doesn't extend to the second row of seats though.

There seems to be only one problem, 250hp and 219 torque is not going to give much go to a 4 ton vehicle. I mean it is adequate at minmun but, most Subaru customers expect all their rides to handle with great agility and MOVE. And I also hope there is no future tranny overheating issues, since they are using the same exact tranny in the Legacy and applying it to something that can rival a mid sized pick-up in weight.

So all in all, I hope to either see a twin turbocharged version (a la B11S engine) of the current motor. Or the 3.6, I have been hearing so many rumors about. Perhaps even a NA or turbo deisel should be taken into account. Also, a larger engine would mean more space saving technology, which the SVX has plenty of in its EG33. So if a 3.6 comes out, expect it to come drive chainless.

Last edited by Weebitob; 01-12-2005 at 02:16 AM.