View Single Post
Old 12-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Re: advise using caution when dealing with Stebro

Quote:
Originally posted by mbtoloczko
I've had both good luck and bad luck dealing with Stebro. When I bought my Stebro exhaust a few years ago, it was delivered on time as promised. My more recent purchase from Stebro (a custom resonator) was a complete fiasco. Ordered it in late September and was promised I'd have it within three weeks. Five weeks later (early Nov), I receive some muffler that is nothing like what I ordered. I call up Stebro, and after describing what arrived, Dan (owner?) first asks if its good enough. (fraud detector pegged.) I tell him no, and then he says that he sent it by mistake and that he'll send me mine by three day UPS. One week later, I have nothing. I call Dan again, and he says he's going to dig up the tracking number and call me back. Never calls. This happens several times. By end of Nov, he finally gives me a tracking number that shows that the package shipped on Nov 29 (one month after the day he said he sent the correct resonator). The package goes to the import station in the US, and never goes anywhere after that. I call UPS and they tell me the sender has to initiate a trace on the package. I called Dan at least five times to request that he initiate a trace, and it never happens. I finally gave up, extensively photographed the item he sent me, packaged it up, put it in UPS back to Stebro, called my credit card company to tell them what happened, wrote Dan a long letter recounting the transaction, wrote in the letter that my credit card company was aware of the situation, and that I wanted an immediate refund. Got an email from him on Saturday saying he'd give the refund. Now waiting to see if he does it.

Anyhow, so the point of all this is that I just want to suggest that if you are going to make a purchase from Stebro, you may want to document all your conversations and transactions.

4 words for you Mychalio.

I told you so.

I'd love to see if he refunds you. He owes me some money that I never got back.

If you are still interested in the resonator, I may sell mine in the near future.