View Single Post
Old 06-13-2003, 11:29 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Hey Mychailo that is a very nice thoughtful write up. Lots of detail for a great install. I would like to add my thoughts.

I have used this to put the camber back the way it was. It comes out very close. Use a calipher to measure the distance from the front of the hub to the back of the strut by the camber adjustment bolt. I have a picture somewhere..... Of course the camber would be realigned since the springs are shorter so it is not that critical here.

How did you work the spring compressors? I found I had to drive the claws into the spring coil to get enough length out of the screw thread. Without that "driving in" I wasn't able to move the ends of the spring until the center was overcompressed. I like the Sears compressor a lot but don't own one.

I break the top nut loose from the strut shaft before I start to remove the strut. I also tighten it again after it's back in. Depending on how long the nut has been in there it could be tight. The car is a much better vise than trying to hold the strut out of the car. What's your experience with that?

I have used wood to support the disk/ hub assy.
Now I have to read the rest of thread.

Last edited by svx_commuter; 06-13-2003 at 11:38 AM.