Thread: Rolling Idle
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 01:09 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Rolling Idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
Isn't it bad to unplug injectors while the car is running?

Could it perhaps be dirty fuel injectors? I have put injector cleaner in the tank before but never actually taken the injectors off and cleaned them. Reading up on the symptoms of dirty fuel injectors in sounds promising "classic symptoms of dirty injectors, such as lean misfire, rough idle, hesitation and stumbling on light acceleration, a loss of power, and higher hydrocarbon (HC) and carbon monoxide (CO) emissions"

Is there a good guide to svx injector cleaning somewhere?

As far as I know, these injectors arent really cleanable. If it was a major chunk of carbon built up on the outside of the tip you could scrape it off, but as far as taking the injector itself apart and cleaning it, the time involved and the chances of ruining the injector would seem to be too high to clean them.

You can have a Motorvac done on your engine (a machine with a detergent is plugged in to your fuel system and they run the engine for 15-30 minutes) Sometimes it will help, sometimes not.

you may have an exhaust restriction IE: cat plugging up
or a TPS issue, IRIS valve not opening, fuel pump dying, theres tons of things that could be going on

When you say its louder, what do you mean? its louder because you have to run the engine harder to accomplish the same speed? or the exhaust is louder (cat plugs up, causing exhaust gaskets to blow out, path of least resistance)

As far as unplugging injectors, I've done it many times on different makes/models of cars and haven't had anything negative happen from it other than car runs rough til its plugged back in. All you are doing is int erupting it long enough to see if thats the cylinder that is affected . Not like you are unplugging one and goin for a 30 mile commute to work.