Old 08-18-2009, 03:47 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Issues with updating 92 to 95 wood grain trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSVX View Post
Hey, I'm having an issue with the woodgrain, there's 3 types.
There's:
dark woodgrain (92)
lighter brown (95)
lighter brown and glossy (95)

This is really really annoying me and getting expensive (will upload pics soon). When I had the dashboard out I installed the cigarette wood which was glossy and then yesterday picked up a climate control face panel and they are the same except the climate control is not glossy and the cigarette panel is!! Can anyone with a 95 upload pics or explain this for me!!

I'm not sure which of the lighter brown is correct but I'm hoping it's the glossy one because I won't be able to take it out if it's not..

Thanks a lot, Jordan.
Jordan, this is interesting information, I was not aware of the 'glossy' difference.

You are going to end up needing to use all the same type, the difference between silk finish and glossy will be too conspicuous. If you have only bought one glossy piece [am I right?] then the better option is to exchange or sell this piece and replace with all silk finish.

Why won't you be able to take it out? There is nothing that can't be removed. Do you mean because you have soldered in the power wire to the lighter?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl