View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
the arguement is, if you want to get to 55mph quicker, there are people who drive on the autobahn that would like to get to 200mph quicker. get it?
Yessir, I do. My point is that it could do all this with 100hp-150hp less. That's all i'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
you say its not equipped to put that power to the ground - but AMG doesn't have the drag race mentality. try pushing your WS6 on the autobahn at top speed for over an hour and i'm sure the engine wouldn't last, if it didn't rattle itself apart first.
In my car, the engine would not be the problem. Trust me. The problem would be the driver complaining of a sore behind and ringing ears. The LS1 has no problem running at high RPMs for VERY long periods of time. If you don't believe it, watch the World Challenge CTS and C5R (or even the new C6R) cars. Same engine, just more airspace in the heads.

Anyway, back to the subject of the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsvx
And as the point was made, the AMG's will run like this ALL DAY long!!
Not quite...two years in a row now the AMG car that showed up for Car & Driver's "Supertuner Challenge" never even made it to the timed runs. Both years they blew up in the warm ups. If they can't even handle that, how would they run ALL DAY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
The mags got 12.6-12.4 in the 1/4 mile for the E55, however, I've personally witnessed a factory stock (down to the paper air filter) E55 turn an 11.9 @ 118mph at the track. On dragtimes.com quite a few people have run 12.0's stock as well. Those cars are simply amazing!!!!
You got that right...they are faster than you are led to think. I had a run in with one (at an undisclosed location ), and even with everything my LPE WS6 has, I was just barely able to put a carlength on him. That's one quick car for it's size.