View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 12:01 PM

Re: Who's Racing Their SVX?

Thanks Bill, I'm sorry for the inference I made about being legal. I feel the same way as you and others that responded to my post. The SVX is now H Street. I've enjoyed the events I've been to and it's bone stock with the addition of front sway bar bushings. The right one self destructed and came out so had to replace it. I have 4.44 trans and rear end waiting for the failure of the stock unit and know I'll be changing classes. Right now I'm doing what is legal in Street. I'll add a rear bar to the original, with custom made mounts, and hope to find some wheels to mount smaller OD tires on to help with the current gearing. They'll be a bit less wide however with the AWD I figure it'll work. Also less wide has less sidewall flex and more stability of the tread. Still trying to figure out what to do about struts. There's a lot of info on the board but out of my price range. Looks like stock replacements may be my choice. I've been in Stock, Prepared, and Modified categories in the past and done all my mods so I'm just looking at what I can do legal. The other thing I'm considering is using windshield polyurethane, and injecting it into all the cavities in the suspension and engine mounts. May be illegal, have to reread the rules. Guess it would move me to STX sooner than I'd want. Again thanks for the reply and good luck with your autocrossing also.