View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to 04sti
Ok, now that I have some free time I can tell you a little about how that fit in there, the motor mounts are the same distance apart as you probably already know about because of the imprezas with the svx engines in them, the sub frame had to be cut a little where the header and up pipe goes because on the wrx subframe there is a spot for the exhaust to pass by but in the svx subframe there isn't. That is going to get strengthened once everything is done being cut. We modified the svx A arms to accept the wrx hubs which was a lot easier than I expected. and the only other thing I am working on is putting the wrx power steering assembly into the svx subframe, no clue if it fits I was just happy the engine fits in there. The hood does close, clearances are a little tight but I can work on that but the cool thing is I have about a foot in front of the engine for a nice big front mount, so I won't have to do any cutting. The only thing left to mount now is the transmission. I don't know what I am going to do for that yet. More info as it comes, I just had to have surgery on my eye because a chip of metal flew in it so I am walking around half blind so probably nothing new til the middle of this week.