View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 06:37 AM

Re: Bontrager Works 22mm RSB kit BB NEW NOV. 24, 2011!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
I'll be interested in more info about the teflon coated endlinks. Still think boots wouldn't be a bad idea.
Just an update about the boots...

Even on the rough ice and frozen slush up in northern WI (This is the first time I am driving my 92 in the salt) my endlinks have been remarkably quiet. Even if Nevin doesn't offer them as an option on next batch of bars, I am happy with mine, and would recommend them, even without being packed with grease, just to cover the endlinks. Not only for the noise reduction, but also for those of us who drive our SVXs in the winter, a little protection from the salt.

Also, for anyone considering the Bontrager Works RSB, I can concur the praise that has already been said about the product. It is beautifully made and improves the handling of the car dramatically. This is the first time I am driving my almost rust free SVX in the winter, and with Nevin's bar on this car I am having a much better time this season! The larger rear bar keeps the car A LOT more neutral when you change directions. Compared to the stock bar, which would need a large amount of throttle to break the back end loose, the 22mm bar allows the car to be pushed gracefully to the limits of grip, and then, even if the back end does break free, the car is balanced enough that the driver can bring it back under control. I would highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys driving their SVX, as it is, in my opinion, the best suspension improvement that can be added.