View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 03:11 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Just had tranny rebuilt, and .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
wo wo wo wo wo.....................

Sorry guys but slow down ...way down....

the correct anser is:

Add lubegard platinum atf protectant.

Subaru breaks in their transfer clutch frictions and installs them as a matched set from the break in to avoid having binding after installing a new transfer clutch or one of their reman transmissions.

Nobody else does this so it's normal to have binding on a fresh rebuild using anything other than an already broken in matched set from subaru. The lubegard platinum atf protectant will greatly reduce the binding during break in and it will prolong the life of your transmisison fluid and transmission. If lubegard platinum atf protectant doesn't fix your binding then you have a problem but don't assume you have a problem just because there is binding on a fresh rebuild.
i respect your knowledge of the transmission and even bought your tcu... however if subaru does something it does not mean that it is right in any way. i have had countless customers return to us after the dealer worked on their car and it seems a lot of what they do is stop gap or cover up measures like additives because the techs don't have the knowledge or time to repair the vehicle without it. will it probably work? yes. should it be necessary? no.
my newly rebuilt transmission has never had any binding. filled with dexron, 90w, and nothing else. similarly if i put motor honey in a vehicle i just adjusted the valves on to quiet them down it will. but it is no substitute for doing it correctly the first time.