View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Re: Stripping off old paint

Well, I sold my AT Italia rims and now I need to decide if I want the gold SVX rims on in the summer or the OEM silver rims on in the summer. If I want the gold on in the summer, I need to put my winter tires on the silver rims so I can ship the de-tired AT Italia rims. If I want the silver on in the summer, I have to tell the buyer he needs to wait until my gold rims are done so I can put the winter tires on the gold rims.

It really comes down to which rims I want to see the salt. If I put the gold rims on in the winter, they will degrade and I may not be able to sell them at a top price if I decide after a season that I don't like them. If I put the silver rims on in the winter, they will degrade and that might make selling the whole car harder later on if the potential buyer wants the OEM silver.

1996 Polo Green Subaru SVX LSi, 168,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF, Redline 75W90 gear oil, K&N HP-4001 Oil Filter, Mobil 1 5W50 FS (3qt) and 5W30 High Mileage (4qt) Oil Blend, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, AC Delco A975C Air Filter, NGK BKR6EIX-11 plugs, Centric Rotors, Power Stop Evolution Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads
2005 Gray Acura RL, 165,XXX miles, Redline D4 ATF with Lubegard Platinum Protectant, Mobil 1 5W20 High Mileage Extended Performance Oil
2009 Red Toyota Venza, 123,XXX, Mobil 1 5W30 High Mileage Oil
1992 Red Ferrari 348 ts, 82,XXX, Redline everything