View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM

long term viability

Hi, long time lurker, 2nd time posting? I've got a 94 LSI, 160K miles. Power steering rack leaks slowly, engine leaks oil slowly, occasional rough idle, belt and water pump changed at 100K, radiator replaced 2 years ago, needs paint (at least hood, roof and spoiler). AC may just need charge (I'll know tomorrow), runs okay most of the time, but will kick out hot air briefly a couple of times in a half hour trip. Headlight lenses are yellowed (I know the answer to that one). Original exhaust, no known problems yet. No transmission issues that I'm aware of. It's my daily driver, not babied, not driven hard, just driven. What's the likelihood of keeping the car going without spending a ton of money? Am I likely to be able to find parts in 5 years? I'm considering a newer car, but if $10k would keep this car going I'd consider that a good investment. Additionally, anybody know anyone around St. Louis that is good with SVXs? I'd like any work I had done performed by someone who really knows the car. Thanks for any input.