View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:02 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamorush
Manarius, I am not sure what is "burn out MC". About the caliper, my dad checked all of them, non rubs, sticks or anything like that.

nik
Master Cylinder. 2 years ago my brother's car had dragging brakes caused by a leaking master cylinder (more rather it was leaking on the inside).

Here's an idea: Put the car on a slight hill and put it in neutral. If it holds position, it's most likely something in the brake system. Could be a bearing or an axle.

Here's another idea: Drive the car for a while and try not to use any brake to slow it down (like speed up on a straight and roll to a stop somewhere). Check all the rims to see if one is noticeably warmer than the rest. This could be indicative of either a worn out MC or worn bearing/axle. I'd do the hill test to strike out the MC first though.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi