View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 12:00 AM

SVX Purchase Question

Hey guys,

Ive been reading up on the SVX recently I mean I love this car so much ... not only is it rare but it's like the really Cool Big Bro to the WRX hehe well lead Subaru there anyways....but I was just wondering atm I have a 1986 Subaru GL <Brown> station wagon. I call it a Terd on wheels ... cause that's what it looks like hehe, but their is a local classified selling a SVX for 700$ with 125k on it...says it runs fine but that it just won't go....so Im thinking transmission ofcourse because of all the trouble Ive read about SVX with transmissions hehe then it could just be something minor on the transmission but who knows...haven't checked it out yet but It sounds like an awesome project car for me to fool around with in my free time...cause Ive always wanted one and ofcourse once I get the money if it is transmission then that's and awesome reason to upgrade to the 5 speed WRX transmission hehe anyways also just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to look for on it and look out for as well, I can use any advice Im a major noob to to the SVX besides what Ive read and haven't fooled around too much with modifying cars yet ... but that's what this Website is for . Thanks in advance for any replys

Joe