View Single Post
Old 08-04-2002, 09:43 AM
clarkerussell

I'm a new SVX owner! Gotta few questons.

Hello all,

I'm the guy from a few days ago that was looking into a 1997 SVX with unknown milage for $5500. Well, the prick backed out on me. Anyway, here is what I ended up buying.

I bought a 1996 Polo Green LSi with 59K original, two owner, miles. It was much more expensive than the $5500 one, but I'm certain of the milage and it's condition is very nice. I do have a few quick questions about the car though.

1) when driving down the road if I go from zero throttle to just a TINY bit of gas, the engine/Trans (I'm not sure, this is a guess) seems to "rock" a bit. If I go on-off-on-off throttle it starts to rock a good bit. This might just be the nature of an automatic, but it's odd..

2) The central locking switch does not seem to work, nor do the power locks for that matter. The switch by the transmission seems inoperable, and when I lock the car from the outside, it only locks that door. I've checked the fuse, but it's fine.

3) I have the remotes for the alarm, but I can not get into the programming mode. I get in the car, turn on the ignition, but the Alarm light does nothing when pressed. It does not seem to ever light up. When I turn off the ignition and rapidly press the alarm switch to enter programming mode, it does nothing.

4) The sunvisors on my car seem to be a bit "pillow like" They seem to have an "inflated" look to them. Is this normal?

5) The owner told me he had replaced the CD player twice. It needs a third. The player will no longer pull or eject the CD completely. Should I just stick an aftermarket player in there? If so, can I replace the tape unit with one of the "junk Bins" that are on the non-CD equiped cars?

6) This is very important. Should I try to get an extended warranty, and if so, whom should I go to? I was quoted $1500 by Warrantybynet.com and by Warranty Gold for 3year/36K miles. It was pretty much all inclusive, but that seemed high.

Thanks in advance.

Clarke