View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Recommend me some gear oil.

I went to an auto parts store yesterday looking to get some lube for my diffs, found some "axel oil/lubricant" or whatever, then realized I have never changed the stuff.
I'm pretty sure some shop did, but I'm not satisfied until I do everything myself.

I need to know what everyone is using in their diffs, and while were at it, the right size tool to open it up.
Mine is covered withnasty dirt and has been slightly eroded by road salt and I don't want another repeat of the rear x-member nut.

I did a search for "dif oil" and found nothing useful, but ran across one of my old threads.
Man just reading it was embarrassing.
I wish it would be deleted. :/

---

How often does everyone change their air filter? The box of the Fram filter says change it every 12k.

Mine is so clogged the car is starting to die at idle, and it's only been through like... a few thousand miles of use.

---

I decided never to get snow tires again. While I have enjoyed having superb traction in snowing conditions, Alaska's weather patterns have change so greatly the roads are now dry 80% of the winter.

My Blizzaks are dedicated snow and I feel they will have exceeded their life span by spring 2007.

---

Still malfunctioning ABS.
Apparently, when it sits outside whatever moisture is shorting it out freezes, and it works again until it sits somewhere warm and moisture builds up again.

---

Other than that my SVX is running perfectly.
I have been driving very conservatively, and the engine feels youthful and spirited.
It feels so spirited in fact, I only have to rev to 3k to pass people doing 10 under the limit on fricking dry roads. (:

---

This has been a NikFu update.

If you are thinking of finding that one thread, I urge you to reconsider, lest your brains melt into a putty.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.