View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Tourque Conv. Lock Up

On the SVX race car that me and Benebob have been working on, we currently have a transmission out of a FWD Impreza 1.8. We are using the SVX TC and the SVX TCU... Now that we have some of the other issues worked out, we noticed a "bogging" while stomping it about 1/2 way through 2nd. It always seems to happen at the exact speed/RPM.

At first we though it was a fuel issue, this afternoon at about the same time we both had the thought of early TC Lockup???

Does this make sense to anyone else??? Can anyone tell me how the TC locks? I'm guessing a signal from the TCU to the trans. I checked out the FSM I have here for an XT6 (basically the same 4eat) and it looks like maybe Sel B is responsible for Lock Up?? If we find the wire going to Sel B and disconnect it would that keep it locked or unlocked?

My other thought is to try out a TCU from the Impreza and see if that will help it shift better?

For now the car is being run in auto crosses only, so I really don't care if the TC never locks again.