View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 08:47 AM

Thanks for all the helpful insight, guys!

Although I think I have the mechanical aptitude to attempt these repairs, it's cold here now, I don't have a garage or alot of time, and frankly have practically stopped doing any auto repair work myself since I moved to Colorado. My SVX also has other accessory problems: the windows can be put down by the driver's console, buy only put up by the controls at each window; the horn doesn't work, the driver's side sun visor is missing, the rear wiper doesn't work, the break light on the dash stays on, the light in the shifter doesn't work, and the dome light doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if the sun roof works.

John,

I live in Lakewood, near Green Mountain, and work in Golden.

Shelfy,

Yes, I have a security button, and I think it does illuminate. And I would be interested in buying a remote once I confirm my car is equipped.

If you Denver guys can recommend a good SVX mechanic, maybe I'll take it there instead of to my old mechanic.

John and/or Shelfy,

If you would like to get together, I think it would be great to get an experienced SVX owner's perspective on my car. This weekend, I'm tentatively free tonight, Saturday morning & early afternoon, and all day Sunday. However, I'm on-call for work, and have to stay w/in a half-hour radius of Golden. Send me an e-mail if you'd like to meet.