Thread: Old car smell
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Uses the ignore feature

Registered SVX
Re: Old car smell

Update:

It seemed to take away quite a bit of the old car smell. I ran the ozone generator with the vents pulling in fresh air from the outside and the wind open a crack for 30 minutes. I then switched the vents to recirculate and ran the ozone generator for another 30 minutes. I let the car sit for an hour. Then I turned on my HEPA filter which has a carbon prefilter to remove the ozone and let that run for an hour. It smells a lot better now.

The bad thing was this I was running the vents with a battery charger on the battery to avoid having it run down but it didn't work as planned. It worked fine for the first hour or so. Then I found the battery charger off and no fan blowing. At some point the battery charger was tripped and the car ran off the battery only and killed it. When I reset the battery charger all I heard was clicking from a relay inside the car switching back and forth. I took the key out and just let the battery charger recharge the battery and that seems to be going OK. Everything powers up now. I have no idea how many times the battery charger reset itself and how many times that relay switched. I also don't know the extent of the damage to the battery. These types of batteries are not deep cycle and don't like to be fully drained. Before trying this again I will need to get a better battery charger.