View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 11:26 PM
A.L.I.C.E.

Send a message via AIM to techy101 Send a message via Yahoo to techy101
Re: Hit by an uninsured driver...

In this whole thing, I made one really really really big mistake. I'm not sure how I overlooked it, but I did, and that's all on me. I forgot to get her license plate number.

I spent today working with the information I have trying to track her down. The day started with talking to my local PD about how to handle it and the desk officer I talked to also recommended to go to the state patrol and "demand to talk to a supervisor." He also said (and I already knew this) that it would be easier if I can get her license plate number.

So far what I've been able to figure out is that some or all of the information was totally bogus. Apparently the policy did used to exist, but because of privacy rules the other insurance company can't give me any more information (no surprise). Through internet research and people searches I've got a few leads. The address on her policy thing doesn't seem to match the kind of car she was driving, but who knows.

The phone number she gave me is linked to another address as a land line which is also the number for a house cleaning "company" aka person. This is the number State Farm has been calling, but no one ever answers the phone. Same result when I called, and the answering machine is full.

By searching for the name on her policy, neither of those addresses match. But there are two people listed under that name in the twin cities according to whitepages and intelius. One is in Minneapolis and one is in Maple Grove, Less than a mile from the exit she was getting off at. This one looks the most promising, but the units (I'm not sure if they're apartments or or townhouses, or whatever) are attached and each have a garage. My hope is to come across the car so I can get the plate info.

If I can't, I'll still go to the state patrol and maybe they'll be kind enough to look things up by her name and vehicle make.

This would all be so much easier if I hadn't been a ******* at the time.

I've got nothing to do for the next three weeks, so this little project could help to blow some time. Honestly I'm not expecting anything to come out of it, but what the hell, it'll keep me busy.

EDIT:
The more I think about it, I'll probably just drop the whole thing. It's not worth my personal sanity.

Last edited by techy101; 05-23-2009 at 12:15 AM.