View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Siren of the Pleiades

Send a message via AIM to SUBBYRU89
Thumbs up

Hehe...I found this post while searching for something...
Funny how things work out...On Friday you'll be driving your "new" 93. Can't wait to meet you and give you these darn keys...you don't know how bad it is having them and knowing you can't touch em' It's like a heroin addict looking at an empty needle LOL

Oh...I mentioned the sticking roof (common thing?) well Hocrest's wouldn't fully close..it shut, but wouldn't go down. Thought maybe graphite lube would help, but inspecting it closer....this is something to check...

On the roof part itself there are tabs (1 on each side) that are supposed to slide into this kinda crooked braket thingy...as you slide the roof forward watch the tab(s). Hocrest's wasn't closing because the passenger side tab wasn't sliding into the bracket properly...it was getting hung up on the corner of it. So I got a small flat head screwdriver and pushed the tab enough to get it to a 90 degree angle. From constantly hitting the corner it kept bending out almost into a 45 degree angle which inturn prohibited the roof from closing properly . I believe if not taken care of in time it eventually would A) break off (not sure if metal or plastic<assumptions>) or B)slide on the outside of the bracket inturn making it break or stick into the closed position.
Thank goodness I got it closed because we are having a torrential down pour right now.
'89 XT6 Pearl White~JuiceBox (Project)
'92 SVX BoverP~Peej (Down for the moment) 1st Stage II trans installed by AWD,15 & 20 min mods,...