View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 02:44 AM
colo-svx

Okay guys, I have a strange new chapter to the story tonightr.

I had no choice but to go down to one of me friend's house's today. It's about 50 miles south, and the car was acting like the same **** switching gears the whole way. After getting off the highway, about a half mile from his house, it acted really funky. Then it made this wierd grinding, whining sound and smelled like ass(a smell somewhere between sheep hair burning, and rubber melting) I limped into his place and said I needed a tow truck. His wife's brother, a mechanic, happened to be there and offered to help. I took him back to the car and started driving with my friend following.

It didn't happen again. What had been happening every 30 seconds, absolute max, didn't happen in 45 minutes of all kinds of driving. So after a while I tried to go back to my home. 50 miles and the car ran good like it used to (and perhaps it's my imagination, but downshifting seemed really slow-to-kick-in and harsh the couple times it should have)

Is there something that is supposed to be self adjusting, that can screw up and get forced into place eventualy or something? And maybe overcorrect? Like I said I know nothing about auto trannies, but all the way home it ran fine, no flaring, no shifting. But now I am more confused and hesitant than ever about my little car.

P.S. And I'll try to pull the codes tomorrow.

Thanks.