View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
i think anyone who grasps on to a car, computer, etc.
manufacturer and supports them without question is a fool. often people will spend a lot of money on something, find out that its not all they were hoping for or even realize they've made a mistake, but yet still endorse that product. a personal pride issue? i dunno. i don't have that hang up - if it sucks i'll say so. i think a lot of people who buy only American cars just keep buying them because they are familiar with them. imports may seem strange and alien to them, and they are afraid they can't run down to the local Jiffy Service or Mr. Lube to have work done for fear of them not having the right parts or training. i know some of my family members have had some bad experience with Fords and GM, but they just keep buying them. i really don't know why.
You know very well if I feel something sucks I will say so. I just have not had any reason to say that any GM vehicle sucks. Some people buy another GM (or any brand) vehicle after they've had a bad one because they realize that maybe they just got a bad example. Kinda like this board refers to every bad subaru as just a bad example. Same thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Svxxx26Listen Shadow, I think you actually have a few good points to make - but can't you find a better example of a GM car to illustrate your argument than the Happy Meal of the automotive world?
Certainly, I just don't want to start yet another argument.