View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
that is correct - i would consider (with some paranoia) a GM product in the future, as their quality control has come a long way in the last few years (or so i read), but it would have to be a nicely styled (problem area), performance car with AWD at a reasonable price (not a problem there for GM, either.) i may sound anti-GM sometimes, but you learn from experience. how many times do you have to be kicked in the nuts before you say, "hey, that hurts! stop it!" i'll wait to see what GM offers in the future.
This touches on the basis of my point. It works both ways. I would definetly say your experiences with GM are unlucky (as you asked before) and mine are lucky. I know of NO ONE with any GM car that has had that many problems. Not that there aren't any out there, just that I don't know any. I feel it's important to note here that I know a buttload of GM owners. Almost my entire family and most of my friends are all very happy GM owners. My experience has been pretty much the opposite of yours, you have had bad experiences with GM products and good experience with subaru. I've had no major problems with any GM car that i've owned and know of no one with any problematic GM cars, however I know of four Subaru's specifically that have been Lemons to the tenth power. So just as you have formed a bias away from GM, i have done the same away from Subaru.

So there you have it, the "holy grail" of my quest - To make the fine citizens of this community realize that GM is not "da devil" and that there are people out there who don't necessarily think subaru is the answer to world peace (GASP!).