View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 12:11 PM

Fun Project

Something you might consider to get rid of some more weight, is a carbon fiber hood. I could weigh my stock hood, but I believe its over 50 lbs and the cf is about 13 lbs. You could also get rid of all the hood cables, latches, and struts and install some hood pins.

Also, since you are doing an NA system without the MAF you might be able to fab up an intake to match up with the hood scoop. Something simple with a K&N panel filter might be nice. That would get rid of some intake weight. I don't know if you have torn out the ABS yet. I would be interested to see how you do that.

Since this is a racecar, it sounds like you might be able to completely remove all the wiring and redo the looms for minimum practicablility. Then redo the instrument gauges using output from the MSQ 2. The only thing you would lose is idle air control, which you may not need anyway, or may be able to control from the MSQ 2. In my SVX I use the stock ECU to control the IAC, since I still have A/C. You would need some ego control to go to the iris solenoid. I believe it activates at about 4000 rpm.

Just thought I'd make some suggestions. This is fun! I may do this to my car someday.

Good Luck

Chuck D.