Thread: No more Hate
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 08:04 AM
rcraven32

Dream come true

I remember when the SVX first came out. I was a senior in High School in Fife, Washington. There was an dealer with an up the street there was an SVX on display.

Every once in a while I would drove over to look at it. My dad and I saw one in the stand still traffic and I knew I had to have one someday, but the cost was unphathomable for a kid in school and working at Burger King.

A year later my Step-mom's employee had one he would go out and autocross with a club in Seattle. I came home to find a dark green 93 SVX sitting in my Driveway. Wow what a car!!!

Fast forward 10 years and here I am in Ford and Chevy land. (Iowa that is) My boss invites me over to his house out in the stix. (Town Population of under 300.)

We are out shooting the bull in his Garage and putting on yet another mod to his 97 Grand Prix GTP. We get to taking about cars and I tell him about the SVX I always wanted.

He laughs and tells me there is one up the street for sale. Knowing what they used to cost I blow it off. 2 years go by and I drive by and the SVX is out on the curb with a for sale sign in it.

That was all it took. I stopped talked to the old guy and he had every reciept. His wife could not get in and out becuase it was so low. That was the only reason he was selling it.

The silly farmers had no idea what was sitting there all these years. It was wierd looking to them.

I love this car. It is everything I dreamed it would be. I never get tired of explaining the car to people or getting compliments.

I also want to thank everyone that posts here. I have learned so much just reading all the posts. I changed my rear bearings based on reading this site. It has been just a wealth of information and entertainment.

I am so glad I am not the only one that enjoys this car.

Ryan