View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 10:54 AM

Registered SVX
Re: soon to be back in a SVX again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Where did you buy Bumper paint... Got an address? Could use it to paint my hood.
I painted my hood, with the spray Paint I ordered from a place called "The Bumper Store" They sell regular Sherwin Williams custom matched paint enamel paint, in regular rattle cans. It was the only place I found selling Polo Green paint in enamel for our cars, online (the other place sells laquer paint-not as good of paint as enamel), and they were cheaper than the local places.

-----ON Ebay, the seller name is "aircardcorp"

I first ordered the small touchup paint form them to see if they were legit and it was good paint, http://www.ebay.com/itm/360969686796...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The touchup 1oz paint got here in like 2 day.

then I contacted them to get the custom 2 cans …… It took almost 2 weeks to get the 2 cans.
perfect match, not quite, respectable and pretty darn good, yeah it is . The amount of prep work and sanding, etc, makes it turn out close to pro. Beginners, will not get good results, but if you have done a few repairs before, you only get better.
good luck

I just couldn't jusitfy paying a pro painter the almost 700 he wanted to repair the dings and dents in the hood, prep and paint. Not for a car I had $1200 in with a salvage title, that may or may not have other issues even worth repairing. So for 58 bucks, the 2 cans of paint, did my job. Now , with axle, exhaust done, and a upcoming bearing replace, if the car turns out worthy, then I may have it redone at a later point.
97 SVX Lsi 70k
2003 s2000
91 RT4WD 166K

Last edited by bheinen74; 12-07-2014 at 11:02 AM.