View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 07:48 PM

Registered SVX
Re: soon to be back in a SVX again

new left front axle has been installed today. Torqued to 135ft lbs.

While that tire was off, I took it to the station to have them fix the leak, i located the leaky place (that was the tire that would leak down in a week or two), they found a very small end of a nail buried in the tread, removed said object and put a patch on it.

Torqued the wheel to 80ft lbs.

Ran the car over the Toe Machine, noticed it had positive toe, about 3-4 degrees , also my steering wheel was at 1 o clock when trying to drive it straight.
So, adjusted left tie rod half turn, and when went to adjust right tie rod, UT OH, it was BENT. (might be accident related or from forklift at auction, etc, nothing else was bent luckily. So we straightened it some (need to address that again in the future) and got it adjusted so toe is a little less then ZERO, and the wheel is a little off to the 11:45 now, but I know what to do on that (1/4 more turn on right side, will bring steering to center and to zero toe. just got tired and I am run down getting over a little sickness still.

Couple test runs, first time at night. My headlights were not aimed right, too high on both. got them adjusted down, now need to fine tune it some, and clean off the front inside window.

Put a little gas in her at the station for the first time. 93 Premium Amoco, but they put ethanol in it, so only put in 5 gallons to get me to and from work monday, will put in straight premium no eth at another station on way home from work.

Next up, rear wheel bearing is roaring. Going to order that stuff soon.

Probably will drive it Roundtrip to work the 50 miles on Monday or Tuesday.
97 SVX Lsi 70k
2003 s2000
91 RT4WD 166K

Last edited by bheinen74; 12-06-2014 at 08:03 PM.