View Single Post
Old 07-06-2002, 09:31 PM

Registered SVX
Ron you are spot on in everything you say even though you and I know we can not change a thing.

The ink and printer bit is a classic. When I last had my cartridge refilled I talked to the woman operating the franchise and she told me that her last customer had purchased a super duper printer sold at a super price but had ash canned it when confronted with the cost of a new cartridge. At least she was wise and did not fall for the manufacturers con. game and continue to be sucked in.

Now the two speeds in reverse in my old Fiat special gave me a lot of fun raising eyes. I was quite adept at going up and down the six ratios without synchro when racing the car and this required double de clutching heel and toe and two leavers. Those where the days, an auto provides little satisfaction.

Interesting regarding your daughterÕs tastes. Mine I also taught to drive properly and she recently changed their family V8 Holden GM Clubsport again insisting on a manual. This is a fairly serious performance vehicle. Her husband mainly drives their hefty FWD which they need to handle their large cabin power boat.

When I last had a ding repaired on the SVX I asked could they strip the paint of the ÒBumpersÓ and leave me with the nice black plastic underneath which the design engineers never wanted painted I am sure. They would not attempt it not knowing if a stripping solvent might damage the plastic. In all this I am tempted to resort to three letter adjectives which I assure you would sprinkle direct conversation.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!