View Single Post
Old 07-06-2002, 03:24 AM

Registered SVX
Yes Ron, why ?

Ron, us old fogies must accept that logic does no longer apply. The stylists, the PR brigade the sales dept., and to be frank the bull**** artists hold sway in modern auto design. It must have more numbers, no matter what for, to sell to the gullible public.

Colour (Color) co ordinated bumpers that cost an arm and a leg to restore having been gently scraped or bruised by an ash can, supermarket trolley wooden fence, kids bike or whatever are my pet hate. Remember those chrome bumpers which allowed one to explore a tight space against a fence, wall, or what ever, when squeezing into a tight parking space. I am sure this is the reason for so many who drive off roaders in the city with no intention of going bush or even engaging four wheel drive.

Yes sir in this car you have torque down low and over a wide rev. range, and power from 1500 to 7000 RPM like never before and six speeds because you have just grown up from a twenty one speed bicycle. You will be able to really impress your mates who have only four. Now if the powers that be will stop gathering taxes through speed restrictions you may be able to use fifth and sixth which are all inclusive in the price we are asking..

By the way in anticipation of following comments I would point out that my first car was a racing special which I built myself from a 1928 Fiat 509 which had only a three speed gearbox. A two speed Beauty Ford Model T diff.. assembly was incorporated to provide a quite well spaced six speeds and two in reverse ! My sport was cycle racing. The pros and cons of multi ratios are well within the scope of my practical experience.

Good one Ron, may the sun shine upon you. *<)

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!