View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: Challenge to the Forum Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowise View Post

Or a digital rear view mirror, or antenna upgrade and relocation (shark fin maybe?)

There are alot of little things out there that can be done or tried since there are people here with parts vehicles and people who may be getting ready to junk a vehicle can do things to the car that most of us would be afraid to attempt. Anyway just some thoughts....
I've been really considering a backup camera on my car. My headunit is already compatable, and my window tent makes it tricky to see out the back at night. My idea is to debadge the rear light bar, and integrate the camera in the center, maybe behind the lense or flush mounted. Long term if I end up doing a manual swap I thought this could be controlled by a toggle switch along with the reverse lights. That way I could use them whenever I needed, or not. That might turn into a pain in the butt, however it's a mute point on my stock automatic.

The shark fin also rates high up my list. My auto antenna sometimes doesn't make it all the way down, and if it finally does die on me I'm going that route. It's already obnoxious because it goes up anytime I power up my stereo it goes up, regardless of input. Someone on here who did body work recently plugged the antenna hole on the trunk and it looks sleek. I wonder what their plans were for radio.

Otherwise I often look at the <$100 mods list and prioritize what I'd like to improve on my old car. I've still yet to install all the bushings I got from Earthworm, but between those and the new swaybars on the market, end links, and your headers there's quite a bit of development going on right now. I'd love to see an outcome to the WRX Brakes thread, but I'm not in the market for any of that right now.

I'm saddened by Tom's leaving the game as much as the next guy because I never got a chance to snag the hood struts, intake, reseal kit, and all the other services he's provided. I'm overdue on my parts payments, and my car is beginning to let me know, so some of these smaller upgrades would be great coming up.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.