View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 10:58 PM

So, I decided to try a new wax and entire car detail stuff...

A little background...I have three cars currently. 92 silver (blown tranny so it just sits), a 94 Laguna Blue Daily driver, and a 2k Maxima Gray (old daily driver). I have never been good at waxing my own car...I attempt to do it 2-3 times a year, but I am just not good at it with standard wax. End up with swirl marks, white specks left behind, or what ever...I just suck. I cant do it with a buffer or by hand. So I decided to try a few new products...to me at least.

Items used:

Greased Lighting Orange Blast w/ Sunscreen PPE 30
rain-x Wash & Wax
Turtle Wax Clay Bar ice
ice Polish
Black Magic Express Spray Wax

It all started last weekend, was nice so I decided to buy some new car cleaning/detailing items. I started with some new dirt cheap soap: Greased Lighting Orange Blast w/ Sunscreen PPE 30 (what ever the hell that is) and did kind of a pre-wash. It seemed to do a nice job but what ever, soap is soap. I then used that new liquid Clay Bar and got kind of tired doing all three cars. Worked back and forth motion with some force and if there were spots that needed a little extra work well, more force was used. It was extreamly easy to use. Squirt it on the included sponge and go to town. Split up all the cars into 4 sections: Hood and front bumper, 2 sides, then roof and rear. Rub on with sponge and wipe with damp cloth, then dry off with micro fiber towel. Ok, arms sore but cars are looking good. Move onto ice polish. Even easier. Squirt on sponge and rub all over car. Let it sit and wipe off with micro fiber towel again. Cars look amazing. Fast forward a week. Silver car has a bunch of flower peddles all over it because well it is that time of year, we had about 3 5 minute rain showers threw out the week so they are all super dirty, and the maxima had a teridactital take a dump on it and was just nasty and the blue one just needs to look its best.

So today I decided to use that rain-x wash and wax combo. Again, soap is soap and it seemed to clean well. It was getting dark and late so I didnt have time to do the whole clay bar and ice polish deal. so I figured I would try that express spray wax. Spray on the foam, rub and you are done. The one can did about 4-5 cars worth. I always try to do the front of the hood and roof 3 times and any other place that gets rained on 2 times (so roof, hood and trunk) just because they take more abuse then the sides (my opinion just seems to make sense). So the one can did 3 full cars, the hood, roof and trunk 2 times, and the front of the hoof and spoilers a third time. The stuff really worked well. Nice gloss, no swirl marks, and was super easy. It just foams on and rub it off. It was getting rather dark and I didnt want to bring out the halogen lamps so I just went inside and got my little led head lamp I use for crawling around in my well crawl space. People were probably thinking some strange things looking at me.

Ok, so ICE items are VERY NICE!!!!!!! Express spray was is Easy and I can actually use it with out ruining my car because I suck.

Done rambling...

Greg