View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 11:40 AM
Locker Link Solution

You'll probably have a hard time starting it with a bad Crank Sensor. it is located on top of the block behind the alt. There are three that work together. One is called a cam sensor on the driver side of the engine towards the front on the side. I think you can see it if you are looking down at the oil filler neck. Two right next to eachother in the location mentioned before. The top one is sould be the Cam (i think they also call it Crank 2), and the one just off to the side (left) I is is the crank sensor.

There should be a testing proceedure on here somewhere to tell if the voltage it reading correct. The ignition switch likes to fail in these. When you turn the key, it will click once. I could see someone thinking it is coming from the starter as it sounds similar to a starter solinoid failing to engage, just quieter... which is illudes that it may be coming from the engine compartment. The giveaway is that it only clicks once, not a few times rapidly...unless the key is not being turned all the way, but then it is more like a "buzz".

-EDIT-
I had the two sensors on top reversed, I corrected the post.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 10-31-2006 at 11:49 AM.