View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 08:24 AM
SVX owner

HELP Please!!! Won't start, engine code 29 Crank Angle Sensor 2

Ok, this is a long story but I will try to make it short. I bought my SVX while I was in Iraq, as my end of deployment award for being gone. I live in AZ it was in Ohio. I spent money to get the brakes redone, oil changed, fluids checked, and a cold air intake to make the 2000 miles a little more "fun". During the first day of the trip, I pulled over to find my vehicle smoking. I limped it to the first possible hoteol and hoped for the best. The next day, I took it easy and didn't encounter any smoke. Third day I checked the oil while it was cold outside and added the proper amount. I noticed an oil leak but I needed to get back. On my last day I started smoking again. had an oil leak again but oil levels were fine, temp gage stayed dead even and no trouble lights came on. I got home and I have had a few problems where the car just wouldn't start, if I waited a while it would start. Then two days ago it was having trouble starting and sounded like the battery was dying, but she finally cranked over. I checked the battery and everything is fine, brand new battery. I tried to start it one more time and the engine sounded like it was metal rubbing on metal as the starter just stopped moving. Now all that happens is I get a metallic click under the hood when I try to start it. This whole time the oil levels have remained between full and overfull. I got on this page this morning and checked the engine codes. I get an error code 29 crank angle sensor 2, does anyone know what this means? The worst possible scenario is that I have seized the engine. Either way I need to get it fixed at any cost. I have dreamt about, driven my wife crazy, and fantisized about this car for way too long to have it die on me now. Please I need any and all help.

Last edited by JAESVX; 10-31-2006 at 08:31 AM.