View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 12:24 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
So a little update from today. The Subaru dealer called me to inform me that the warranty company will *NOT* approve a remanufactured transmission, and instead, has decided to pickup my transmission themselves and ship it to a third-party shop to have it rebuilt!!!!

Several things wrong with this picture:

1) The Subaru tech had already aknowledge the fact that the remanufactured tranny would be a newer unit with all updates necessary for more efficient cooling (it would've been a series manufactured around 97 I guess, my car's a 92). He was pushing for the reman'd because he wanted me to get an updated unit.

2) Subaru provides a 2 year warranty on their reman'd trannies. I would've had peace of mind for the next 2 years.

3) My car would've been in the shop for a couple of weeks, instead of another month.

Of course, it all boils down to the warranty company taking a lesser loss, but this is pretty disappointing. My car's been gone for almost a month, and on top of that they only approved 5 days of rental, which I already used up at the beginning of the dilemma.

So I'm making payments on a car that I can't drive for 2 months, have no alternate transportation, and the bad transmission is not going to be replaced by a more reliable unit.

Oh and here's the kicker... The warranty company won't approve the other parts being ordered, yet... They want to wait til God knows what. So once my transmission comes back, then they will decide on approving the ordering of the axles, powersteering pump, etc...!!!

National Warranty Corporation, if anyone wondered. So far they've handled this in what I consider a very inefficient way, time-wise.
'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)