Thread: Hi! 2 things...
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2002, 01:38 PM
CopsodyX

I love all of you...thanks!

The fluid is a brownish purple, and smells more burned than anything i've ever smelled in my life. I told my dad that if he keeps it in there, he won't make it more than 20k miles, and if he changes it, he may get from 0-200,000 miles out of it. His choice.

Now, my little baby, my SVX, had 96k on it when I got the fluid changed...the fluid wasn't that burned, though. My SVX came from the factory with a filter, but the greatest Subaru dealer in the world, Metric Subaru, told me it wasn't there. I was like, WTF??? They said they could install it for less than $100, but I won't pay for it. The tranny was rebuilt by Heritage Subaru (the worst Subaru dealer in the world) at 66k miles, and they put a tranny in there with the lowest ID i've ever seen...no filter kit, small jitter on turns, etc. THEY PUT A TRANNY IN THERE THAT WAS WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL! So I went to SOA to ***** about it, and they're of no help whatsoever, they're like, you're the second owner, you mean nothing...They're liars, too. They said that they would call Metric Subaru for me, and authorize them to fix it for me for free about a week ago if the filter wasn't there...they never called. Now I have to get on that woman's tail to see what happened...she PROMISED she would call.

As of now, 4,000 miles after the fluid change, my tranny shifts into all gears, fairly smoothly, goes into reverse quickly, BUT...my lockup torque convertor is VERY rough with me...is anyone else's like this? On the highway, it engages smoothly, but take your foot off the gas, and it jerks a bit...weird.

One more thing...EVERYONE in the NY area should go to Metric Subaru in Huntington, Long Island. The manager there is awesome, he used to rebuild SVX trannys, he knows all about them, his mom has a red 94 L that he maintains, the quality of work is phenomenal, and the prices are CHEAP...a new timing belt, a new crankshaft seal, new power steering lines, and the 30,000 mile tuneup, where they do everything down to the tranny fluid change, cost under $900 including tax and all labor. The timing belt portion was only $360, if any of you need those done.

Oh, and someone asked what kind of gas I use...I only use Sunoco or Amaco 93...that's all. But the previous owner filled it with some 89 crap...I found receipts in the car...