View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Its been a long trip!

Hi everyone, I built my first "Hi-Fi" System from a kit. The speaker enclosure from plans and it had a "Stevens" 15" woofer and a compression tweeter. "Stevens " speakers were a lot like "JBL" speakers of the day, I built a few more stereo recievers with tubes and a few power amps and preamps before kits went away with transistor and ICs. One stereo speaker system had a home made encloures from plans and three way "Bozak" speakers. A 12" woofer with coaxial twin cone tweeters and a midrange mounted above the large speaker. I also had an "Electro-Voice" three piece speaker system. A stereo pair and a common woofer. Now I have a 34" direct view HD monitor with a "DISH" HD reciever supplying the satellite signal and also the over the air signal from the local channels. The reciever is a 110w x5 per channel "JVC" unit. Speakers are left and right floor standing "Cerwin-Vega" units with 15" woofers and mids and tweeter for a three way system. The center channel is a two way with a 10" sub added. Rear channels are "Cerwin-Vegs" two way units with a twin voice coil 12" sub. I have the reciever set to Large speaker all around. My main Sub woofer is a 15" 500w powered sub. I have a JVC 7 disc DVD/DVD audio CD unit along with a Super VHS "JVC" unit. I haven't used it in a couple of years but I have quite a few SVHS tapes, so for now it stays. In the future when the HD TVs have setteled down I'll upgrade and replace the reciever with a unit that has HDMI inputs/outputs. I have a few thousand CDs and a few hundred DVD/DVD audio discs and Super VHS tapes. Do you have any idea what I do when I'm not driving my SVX ? Take care, BOBB

P/S I also have two other "DISH" recievers in other parts of the house. Both of these units have hard drive recorders which is why I don't use the SVHS unit now. "B"

Last edited by Bobb; 10-02-2007 at 09:22 PM. Reason: correction