View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 08:44 PM
shiftin' an automatic

Send a message via AIM to EddieSVX
I always loved the looks, but hated its specifications on paper. The fact that it was nearly 3600 lbs turned me off, since I was a "lightweight" car enthusiast most of my life (first car was a MkI MR2 NA...I also owned a 2k Celica GT-S and a '91 MR2 Turbo).

Then I went on an AWD craze and bought a '90 Talon TSi AWD, and later on a '94 Eclipse GSX.

After rolling over my GSX in a weather-induced accident over a snowy pass, I was "rescued" (sort of) by a lady who drove a brand new Legacy GT. I remember being so shaky right after the roll-over, but then for some reason feeling comfort and safe in that Legacy. We made it all the way out of the pass without a problem.

So I decided, my next car would be a Subaru, but I don't want a 4 door (WRX), and the '99 RS just didn't have enough "punch" for me... So I set my eyes back on the SVX and decided to test drive one... Let me tell ya, like my quote says, it's the most fun I have ever had in an automatic (all my cars were 5 speed [Celica 6 speed], but I've driven very many automatics, including Supra Turbos).

It's definitely earned my respect. The specifications don't tell the whole story, and anyone who has never driven one (even if they love the car as it is) don't really know what they're missing out on.

'92 SVX LS-L (For Sale! Info and link to pics... ) #9536 blt. 4/92 (late boomer '92)
'01 Audi S4 (2.7L Twin Turbo - 6MT)