View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 02:28 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

The first time I ever saw one I was playing Gran Tourismo 2 and wondering what the heck the Alcyone Race was. Well, After a little in game research, I found what I was looking for and just from the graphics on the game, the SVX looked smokin'.

Fast forward a year and a half to my accident. I was on my merry way delivering a pizza when I got into an accident. The other persons insurance paid for everything and one night while I was driving a rental, stopped in a used car lot trying to find my next vehicle. There she was, sitting under a blanket of snow. I recognized the tail lights and went up and scraped off the snow. There she sat, and the next day at 7:00AM, went back to dicsover that it was for sale. I bought it and never looked back.

My truck was good for hauling the friends and cargo. It also could climb hills in 2WD and was fun as hell to drift on the closeby dirt roads. But the SVX made a profound impact on my driving. I'm now more confident and can rail around some corners at 50 plus not having to worry about lost control. I love this car despite the many problems.

It will be a sad day when Bertha bites the dust. I just hope that when that day comes, I'll be able to find another Pearlie. I could go on and on, but you all know how it feels to drive the SVX and the attentions it brings.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER